New ScalaFX 1 Milestone 6 and ScalaFX 8 Milestone 2
October 20, 2013
Posted by on
New milestones for ScalaFX are available. There are two parallel branches, ScalaFX 1 supports JavaFX 2, and ScalaFX 8 supports JavaFX 8.
Summary of Changes in ScalaFX 1 since Milestone 5
- Fixed Issue 82: DragEvent.gestureTarget returns gestureSource.
- Fixed Issue 83: “java.util.NoSuchElementException: None.get” in `scalafx.delegate.SFXEnumDelegateCompanion#jfxEnum2sfx`
- Fixed Issue 88: JavaFX 2.2.40 introduced new MediaPlayer.Status enum value DISPOSED
- Fixed Issue 89: JavaFX 2.2.40 introduced new property initialFileName in FileChooser
- Fixed Issue 91: Setting property value to null causes NPE.
- Fixed Issue 94: Generated scaladocs should have ScalaFX and version in the title.
- Fixed Issue 95: Add convenience methods for assigning content to Clipboard.
- Fixed Issue 97: Add wrapper for CheckMenuItem.
- Add test for `Camera`, part of Issue 98.
- In SBT, use project name as shell prompt.
- Upgrade Scala 2.10 to latest release 2.10.3, drop support for Scala 2.9.2, keep only the latest in 2.9: 2.9.3.
- Make it easier to assign data to a chart when observing data changes is not needed: allow `Seq` in addition to `ObservableBuffer`.
Summary of Changes in ScalaFX 8 since Milestone 1
- Merge in all improvements from ScalaFX 1 Milestone 6
- Fixed issue 84 – removed alignWithContentOrigin from scalafx.stage.PopupWindow. This is due to the equivalent member of javafx.stage.PopupWindow, alignWithContentOriginProperty, being removed in JFX 8 b108.
- Fixed Issue 86 – JavaFX 8 b108 introduced new properties and enum in PopupWindows.
- Fixed Issue 87 – JavaFX 8 b108 introduced new properties and in WebEngine.
- Fixed Issue 98: Camera is missing wrappers for farClip and nearClips properties.
- ZERO constant added to Point2D and 3D.
- Several new assignment methods in TriangleMesh
- Improvements to TriangleMeshDemo.
- Some Scaladoc improvements.
- Add to Scene new constructors that allow control of anti-aliasing. Update 3D examples to use anti-aliasing to improve rendering.
- Set JVM target/source to “1.8”, ScalaFX 8 will not work with earlier versions of Java anyway.